Darya A. ATKUNOVA
Research Institute of Altaistics named after S. S. Surazakov
6 Socialist Street, Gorno-Altaisk, 649000 Russian Federation
Sociological Institute of the RAS – Branch of the Federal Center of Theoretical and Applied Sociology of the Russian Academy of Sciences
25/14, 7-ya Krasnoarmeyskaya street, Saint-Petersburg, 190005 Russian Federation
Кандидат исторических наук
ORCID: 0000-0002-8721-8613Rite and Festive Activities in Sociocultural Practices of the Russian Region (on the Example of the Traditional Jylgayak Holidai)Abstract:
The relevance of the study is due to the dynamic nature of transformations in the spiritual life of modern society, the need to understand the nature of sociocultural practices. Indigenous minorities of the Altai Republic have a peculiar system of values that serves as the basis of their worldview. The priority in this regard is the value attitude to nature, which has now provided a kind of broadcast of their cultural experience through traditional holidays. Traditional holidays are an important part of culture and everyday life, without which it is difficult to create an idea of the cultural and historical appearance of the indigenous minorities of the republic. The author of the article considers the traditional holiday Jylgayak as a revived phenomenon of culture of indigenous minorities of the Altai Republic. The revival of the Jylgayak holiday is becoming increasingly relevant. This, in particular, is evidenced by numerous publications on this topic in scientific and periodicals. The trend of respect for nature can be traced in the modern ritual and festive activities of the holiday: sacrifice to fire, the rite of consecration of the holiday, etc. This rite has been formed over the centuries, due to natural, historical and socio-economic conditions. The role of the holiday in the social and cultural life of the republic is analyzed. The main features of the holiday are highlighted – collectivity, mass character, inclusion of children and adults in modern sociocultural practices. For the first time, the traditional holiday Jylgayak was considered through the prism of ethnosophical teaching, which allows us to assert the preservation of the cultural heritage of the people. On the basis of the above material, it is proved that the Jylgayak holiday reflects the traditional spirituality of the peoples inhabiting Altai, their moral values, which are the guides of the formation of respect for folk traditions, customs, rites, contribute to the emergence of friendly relations of others, respect for nature.Key words:
Jylgayak, tradition, rite, indigenous minorities, Kumandins, Tubalars, Chelkans, national cuisine, national sports.References:
- Arsenev, V. (2008). Bazovye ponyatiya etnosofii. Podstupy k formirovaniyu-mirovozzrencheskoy alternativy [Basic concepts of ethnosophy. Approaches to the formation of a worldview alternative]. Obshchestvo sreda razvitie terra humana, 16. 100–116. (In Russian).
- Atkunova, D. (2018). Materialy po traditsionnym prazdnikam korennykh malochislennykh narodov Severnogo Altaia [Materials on traditional holidays of indigenous peoples of the Northern Altai]. Antropologicheskii forum, 39. 179–193. (In Russian).
- Atkunova, D. (2019). Etnokul’turnaia adaptatsiia korennykh narodov Severnogo Altaia v usloviiakh natsional’nogo vozrozhdeniia (konets XIX – nachalo XXI v.) [Ethnocultural adaptation of the indigenous peoples of the Northern Altai in the conditions of national revival (late 19th – early 21st century)]. Gorno-Altaisk: BITs GAGU. Retrieved from http://elib.gasu.ru/index.php?option=com_abook&view=book&id=3431:950&catid=18:history&Itemid=172 (In Russian).
- Bakhtin, M. (1990). Tvorchestvo fransua rable i narodnaya kultura srednevekovya i renescansa [The work of Francois Rabelais and the folk culture of the Middle Ages and Renaissance]. Khudozh lit. (In Russian).
- Bayburin, A. (1993). Ritual v traditsionnoy culture strukturno-semanticheskiy analiz vostochnoslavyanskikh obryadov [Ritual in Traditional culture Structural and semantic analysis of East Slavic rites]. Nauka Publ. 1993. (In Russian).
- Chemchieva, A. (2016) Sotsialnye praktiki vozrozhdeniya traditsionnykh prazdnikov (na primere korennykh malochislennykh narodov Respubliki Altay) [Social practices of reviving traditional holidays (on the example of indigenous peoples of the Altai Republic)]. Istoricheskie, filosofskie, politicheskie I yuridicheskie nauki, kulturologi i iskusstvovedenie. Voprosy teorii i praktiki, 12 (74). 195–198. (In Russian).
- Lotman, Yu. (1994). Besedy o russkoy culture bytovye traditsii russkogo dvoryanstva (XVII – nachalo XIXI v.) [Conversations about Russian culture: Everyday traditions of the Russian nobility (XVII – beginning XIX century.)]. Isskustvo SPB. (In Russian).
- Malinov, A. (2013. Etnosofskaya utopiya «altayskoy filosofii» [Ethnosophical utopia of “Altai philosophy]. Veche, 25, 126–140. (In Russian).
- Malinov, A. (2014). Ekologiya kultury altayskoy etnosofii [Ecology of culture of Altai ethnosophy]. Studia culturae, 22. 107–115. (In Russian).
- Obryadnost v traditsionnoy culture altaytsev (2019) [Ritual in the traditional culture of the Altaians]. Gornoaltaysk: «NII altaistiki im S.S. Surazakova» (In Russian).
- Pustogacheva, S. (1999, Marc 18). Chylgayak – novogodniy prazdnik severnykh altaytsev [Chylgayak – New Year’s holiday of the northern Altaians]. Postskriptum, p. 2. (In Russian).
- Tyukhteneva, S. (1997). Novogodniy prazdnik u altaytsev. [New Year’s holiday among the Altaians]. Kalendarno-prazdnichnaya kultura narodov Zarubezhnoy Azii: traditsii I innovatsii. Nauka Publ. (In Russian).
- Yamaeva, E. (1998). Altayskaya dukhovnaya kultura. Mif. Epos. Ritual [Altai spiritual culture: A Myth. Epic. The ritual]. Izdvo gup «gornoaltayskaya respublikanskaya tipografiya». (In Russian).
Atkunova, D. (2023) Rite and Festive Activities in Sociocultural Practices of the Russian Region (on the Example of the Traditional Jylgayak Holidai). International Journal of Cultural Research, 1 (50). 56–66. DOI: 10.52173/2079-1100_2023_1_56